This is an advise to Ladies from a man!
In the modern life especially in the city it is not uncommon to find that we live with house helps/maids in our houses. House help is naturally not apart of the family but she is a very important member of the family team. In most families maids live more composed and confident than the other natural members of the family (father, mother and the children). The maid feeds well, dress well and impresses everybody including your visitors and other natural family members. For this reason maids are liked by all members of the family because she is the star of the house that feeds, cleans, tends, clothes and cares the rest including you as a wife of that house.
Things however changes direction when this maid concentrates her attention to the man of the house who ideally is your husband. Remember how each member of this house came to being. The man looked around for a wife to live with and picked on you. Then the children were the product of your relationship and the maid came to assist. Wait abit ! Assist in what? Being a wife to the man? Add more children in the homestead? Hoo no! She came to help in the work load as the numbers of the family increases and both of you (wife and husband) gets busy. She did not come to look for ways of taking the man away from the family. And that is where the problems start.
Maids have literally stolen men from their wives and wives are left wondering what really went wrong. There must be things that you ignore to do to this man that the maid identified and started doing. I think that once these are identified, there will be no more husbands snatching by maids. Don’t think that the maid is more beautiful than you. That is inferiority complex. The man selected you among many and that is a fact. You can still exclusively own him by doing the following;
1. Discourage direct conversation between your maid and your man. Ensure that the maid is contracted by you, paid by you and instructed by you.
2. When all members of the house are present make it a habit to sit next to your man.
3. Dialogue with your man as frequent as possible. Try to communicate with him as many times as you can while he is at work or away.
4. Control the dressing code of you maid to avoid provocative dressing. State this at the time of engagement.
5. Love your husband and express it at all time. Cook for him whenever possible. Serve him personally and welcome/encourage him to eat. Identify what your husband likes most and take time to feed him on that.
6. Do not embarrass your husband in front of your maid. In case of differences, confront him in private away from children and maids.
7. Be intimate to your husband. Intimacy flavours your marriage. Do not let your fire for this man die away. This might be the weak point that the maid is looking for.
8. Respect your husband and command everybody in the house respect him.
9. Appreciate your husband and defend him at all times. Don’t allow yourself to listen for gossips from anyone about your husband. Be proud to tell others that he is the best for you and your family. Do not expose his weakness to anyone.
10. Pray together with your family and involve the maid. This is enough to demonstrate to everyone that you are united as a family and you are God fearing.